Monday, June 11, 2012

Ahhh!

Okay - time seems to be flying by and NOTHING seems to be getting done! The weather is not cooperating to get the boat painted, racing is pulling us away from the boat too much and even when we are there, nothing seems to get DONE! On a positive note, I bought cushions (which I was going to try to make - but seriously - who has time?!). I have also developed the ingenious idea that I am going to construct an African Queen (what am I thinking?! Who has time for this?!) Hopefully it will be an easy - make in a couple of evenings project - because I think it would be really nice to have for keeping the rain off our heads when we are at anchor or for keeping the sun off of us (if we ever see any of it). But there is still so much to do - tons to be done on and to the boat - painting, grip paint, engine stuff, cabinets - ahhh!!! And then there is the provisioning - my mind just shuts down when I even begin to consider what we need on board - keeping in mind we will have limited access to services for much of the trip - and NO access to anything when we are in Gwaii Hanas. The forecast is for some better weather over the next couple of weeks - hopefully we can start to cross things off our list so that I can start to feel somewhat less stressed!

No comments:

Post a Comment